So we've all heard of the "7 Habits of Highly Effective People" by Steven Covey, but my professor introduced me to a new version of these habits; specifically for those of us aspiring to be entrepreneurs.
The 7 Habits of Highly Effective Entrepreneurs
- They believe they determine their own destiny.
- They deny themselves early gratification.
- Embrace change! Be adaptable and flexible in ambiguity.
- Build teams.
- Focus on costumers.
- They are excellent goal setters.
- They act with a sense of urgency.
So compare these with the seven habits from Steven Covey:
- Be proactive.
- Begin with the end in mind.
- First things first.
- Think win-win.
- Seek to understand before being understood.
- Create synergy.
- Sharpen the saw.
What kind of correlations do you see between the two? Do you think that you could have a full understanding of one set of the habits without the other?
There are some definite correlations: like between the "they determine their own destiny" point from the entrepreneurs to the "be proactive" from the effective people.
Keep looking through them and see what you can find. I'd hazard a guess that they connect in more ways than one.